Friederici Clavichord | Farley's House of Pianos
Tim Farley built this German-style clavichord using reclaimed Spanish cedar and redwood from Broadwood pianos dating back to 1880, and shipwrecked walnut wood that had been underwater for nearly 60 years. Tim created the clavichord over the course of three years with the help of a Farley’s House of Pianos shop employee.
The shipwrecked wood came from Delafield, Wisconsin resident Caryl McAllister. Farley’s House of Pianos hosted a clavichord concert at McAllister’s home in 2013.
Visit our showroom to see this one-of-a-kind instrument in person.