Tim Farley built this German-style clavichord using reclaimed Spanish cedar and redwood from Broadwood pianos dating back to 1880, and shipwrecked walnut wood that had been underwater for nearly 60 years. Tim created the clavichord over the course of three years with the help of a Farley’s House of Pianos shop employee.
The shipwrecked wood came from Delafield, Wisconsin resident Carol McCalister. Farley’s House of Pianos hosted a clavichord concert at McCalister’s home in 2013.
Visit our showroom to see this one-of-a-kind instrument in person.